PT(A,O,SA,SO) and Booster Club organizations are required to register their special event(s) through the OCPS Risk Management Department.


PT(A,O,SA,SO) & Booster Registration Link

Review NEW Steps to holding and obtaining approval for your Special Event.

Doc SE Steps and Approval Process

Certain restrictions or criteria apply to activities at your event. The event Sponsor and School should adhere to these rules.
Doc Special Event Compliance Guide

WHAT is considered a Special Event?
Any activity or event that is not a STANDARD in-class curriculum-related activity is considered a Special Event. These activities and events may involve students only or the surrounding community, where the school or its PT(A/O/SA/SO), club, booster, sports team, etc. are being encouraged or supported.

WHY do I have to register my Special Event with Risk Management
Risk Management monitors Special Events to reduce the liability to the District ensuring vendors are adequately insured by obtaining proof insurance. Registering your activity or event will help Risk Management determine whether the insurance obligations fall on OCPS, third parties, sponsors, or participants. Additionally, the OCPS Office of the Fire Marshall requires onsite inspections and permits for certain activities.

WHY do I have to obtain permission/approval to hold an activity or event?
The safety of our students, employees, and visitors is the utmost importance. Therefore, we must ensure that your event is held in a proper and safe manner. There are certain criteria that must be met to be allowed on OCPS property.

WHY is a Permit required for certain Special Events? 
OCPS must comply with certain Building Codes, Fire Codes, and other laws or regulations for all activities held on OCPS property. The OCPS Office of the Fire Marshal is the “Authority Having Jurisdiction” overall OCPS locations, including schools. A permit shall be obtained from the governing jurisdiction for certain activities or events.


Facility Use: A Facility Use Agreement applies when a third party wants to use school property for their own purpose. This is typically when a church, athletic league, scouts, or other outside party is planning an activity where the use of the school facility is useful for their purpose or possible benefit to the community, but has no direct impact on the school or its students. For more information about this process and whether it applies, please refer to Facilities Use.

Special Event: If the PTA, PTO, Booster, school, or other group is using the school facility for fundraising purposes or to promote the school or students, then follow the Best Practices for Special Event Request and register your event today. Other activities that apply to Special Event Request process include:

a)   a) Homecoming activities
b) Theatre performances
c) Third-party concessions on property
d) Other promotions or activities held at schools or other OCPS facilities
e) Some off-property activities involving students or employees (excluding field trips).


Schools or Facilities should NOT allow an event be held on OCPS property without a Facility use agreement OR approval from OCPS Risk Management.

RM Intranet button


Call 407-317-3296 or email
[email protected]

Board Approved Vendor List

All vendors coming onto District property MUST be a Board Approved Procured Vendor

Review the Board Approved Vendor Lists below (as of 10/24/23):

Food Truck Vendor List

> Interactive Vendor List

The Board Approved Vendors are THE ONLY APPROVED VENDORS allowed on District Property. The vendor lists are non-negotiable lists nor lists that would be amended casually.

An entity with a Vendor ID number and a PROCURED Vendor are different. Anyone who registers is given a Vendor ID Number by default as this is an accounting function, not a procurement award.

OCPS secures vendors for our properties through a Procurement Bid Process that requires the entities to agree to District’s terms and conditions, as it pertains to OFM Guidelines, School Board Policies and other pertinent rules in which maintain the safety and well-being of our students, guests, and staff.

This process includes these vendors to have signed contracts with the School Board of Orange County which allows them to be the ONLY vendors providing good/services on any District Property. The contract that these vendors sign is good for 3 years; possibly up to 5 years

How to become a Board Approved Procured Vendor
Should a vendor want to be added to the procured vendor list they MUST do it within the Bid Solicitation Period. If there is a vendor that wishes to be added to the Board Approved list, please have them contact Milli Medina from Procurement at [email protected]. Further guidance will be given on what the vendor will need to do to become Board approved.

Certificates of Insurance (COI)

Any third party coming onto OCPS property or providing a product or service to OCPS must provide a current ACORD form Certificate of Liability Insurance (COI) naming the School Board of Orange County as Certificate Holder and Additional Insured. They also need to remain compliant with District Guidelines and the Jessica Lunsford Act.

PT(A/O/SA/SO) and school boosters are required to submit Certificate of Liability Insurance for any sponsored activity.

Click image below to view Insurance Requirements and Examples of Acceptable Certificates of Insurance (COI) for vendors and sponsors to participate in School Special Events.

COI Requirements