teacher qualifications

Every teacher shall provide to the Employment Services Department a valid Florida or District teaching certificate, or evidence of having qualified and applied for one within forty (40) duty days following initial employment, except as provided by Florida Statutes. Currently, schools notify parents whose children may be in the classroom with a teacher who is teaching out of the field of their certification. To continue teaching in out-of-field subject areas, teachers must take yearly courses or the appropriate subject area exams. You may learn more about this by contacting your school principal.