Administrative Selection Process
(Assistant Principals, Assistant Directors, Principals, Directors)
Orange County Public Schools is currently seeking qualified applicants to be considered for school-based administrative positions. To be eligible for assistant principal, assistant director, principal, or director positions, you must be a member of our assistant principal or principal pool.
Please carefully review the following information regarding our online pool process.
- You are allowed to complete the process in several steps. You do not have to complete all the steps in a single session. You can complete them at different times, even on different days.
- The process consists of multiple steps and will take you about 30 - 60 minutes to complete, but you can stop at any time, without losing any work. You can return to complete your application up to 25 days later.
- Your application will be considered "in process" until you complete it. The school district will have the ability to view it, even if you do not complete it.
- All fields marked with the blue triangle are required.
- Click the "next" button to move on to the next step.
- Click the "prev." button to move back to a previous step.
- Use the pulldown menu to quickly move between non-adjacent steps.
- Do not type in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
Note: The Florida Department of Education requires that all applicants meet several basic school administrator qualifications prior to submitting an application to a Florida school district.
Please confirm the following items for this application. If you cannot confirm a specific part of this form, you are welcome to apply once you meet these qualifications.
Three are required:
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited institution reflecting Educational Leadership or Administration Supervisor
- Three years of successful teaching experience including experience at the appropriate level for the position applying to (elementary or secondary)
- Taken and passed the Florida Educational Leadership Exam (FELE scores)
--- Plus ---
One of the following is required.
- Official Florida Professional Certificate reflecting Educational Leadership, or Administration, or Administration and Supervision.
- An application for certification in Educational Leadership, the application fee, and an
official transcript reflecting the master’s degree in order to determine the eligibility for Educational Leadership. Also, a FELE score report of the exam has been taken. You may request a certification application by calling 407-317-3221.
Begin Application Process Here!