Students may arrive and enter school no earlier than 8:15 a.m.
1st Bell at 8:40 a.m.
Tardy Bell at 8:45 a.m.
Dismissal bell rings at 3:00 p.m. (2:00 p.m. on Wednesday)
for all walkers, bikers, car riders and Extended Day
Cafeteria opens for Breakfast 8:15 - 8:45 a.m.
Classes begin at 8:45 a.m..
Dismissal 3:00 P.M. (2:00 P.M. every Wednesday)
Students should arrive at school no earlier than 8:15 am and no later than 8:40 am. Students arriving after the second bell at 8:45 am are considered tardy and must report to the office for a tardy slip before going to class. Pursuant to Fla. Stat. Section 232.25:
- Orange County Public Schools employees are not responsible for supervising students not authorized to participate in school sponsored activities.
- Orange County Public Schools employees are not responsible for supervising students arriving on these premises more than 30 minutes before school sponsored activities begin or students remaining on these premises more than 30 minutes after the end of school sponsored activities.
- Under no circumstances should parents or guardians rely upon Orange County Public Schools employees to supervise students outside the scope of this statute.
Student safety is a priority at Columbia Elementary. It is important that the following procedures are followed.
- Students are to go straight home as soon as they are dismissed.
- It is vital that the teacher knows how your child will go home from school each day.
- Students picked up by parents should be picked up at 3:00 pm.
- Parents of students remaining on campus for additional help or disciplinary reasons will be notified.
- There is no adult supervision available for students arriving earlier than 8:15 am or remaining at school later than 3:30 pm.
- If your child needs to be on campus prior to 8:15 am or after 3:30 pm, he/she must be enrolled in our Extended Day program.
- If an unforeseen emergency arises during the day resulting in a late pick up, please notify the office immediately so that proper arrangements can be made for the student.
- All students must ride their assigned bus. No bus changes or stop changes will be honored.
- All transportation changes must be written and submitted to the office. WRITTEN NOTICE must be given each time there is a change in transportation no later than thirty (30) minutes prior to dismissal. We will not change the way a child is to go home by means of a telephone call. You must send a note with your child if a change is necessary.
- Please discuss with your child in advance if there is to be any change in their standard dismissal plan on a rainy day. The classroom teacher will need a copy of the plan.