School Advisory Council
2015-2016 WPHS SAC Meetings
6:15 in the Main Campus Media Center
Click here for the 2014-2015 School Improvement Plan.
Winter Park High School Advisory Council Bylaws
Article: 1V: Representation and Elections
- The SAC representation will be comprised of the school principal and an appropriately balanced number of teachers, education support employees, parents, students, and other business and community members who are representative of the ethnic, racial and socio-economic community served y the school.
- There shall be members elected to the Council from each of the following constituent groups:, majority of the members of this School Advisory Council must be persons who are not employed by the school:
- Teachers shall be solicited for membership and voted upon by the faculty.
- Support staff shall be solicited for membership.
- Parents/Guardians shall be encouraged to volunteer as members.
- Students shall be solicited for membership.
- Invitations shall be extended to community members and business partners to become members of the SAC.
Chair and a Co-Chair shall be appointed by the principal with the approval of the SAC membership parent Chair shall be nominated and affirmed by the SAC membership by the September meeting. The Chair will serve d as current head of SAC and the Co-Chair will assist the Chair. The Co-Chair will be trained to assume duties and responsibilities as Chair for the next school year – insuring continuity from one year to the next. It is a recommendation that the Co-Chair be a representative of a student who is in a lower classmen. The principal shall appoint an administrative non-voting Co-Chair.
- Appointments - Those nominated by the Principal and/or Chairperson as needed to comply with the State Statute.