"Learners Today, Leaders Tomorrow"
Clarcona Elementary School
8723 Hackney Prairie Road
Orlando, FL 32818
Phone (407) 884-2220 Fax (407) 250-6299
School Hours: 8:45AM - 3:00PM MTRF
8:45AM - 2:00PM W
Office Hours: 7:30AM - 4:00PM M-F
Dr. Robert Strenth
Ms. Evangeline Richardson
To help each child acquire the skills, knowledge, behaviors, and attitudes that he/she will need to become responsible, confident, and productive members of our community.
To lead our students to success with the support and involvement of families and the community.
Arrival & Dismissal Information
School Hours: 8:45 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday (Early Dismissal): 8:45 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Office Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Staff Hours: 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
Students should arrive at school no earlier than 8:15 am and no later than 8:40 am. Students arriving after the second bell at 8:45 am are considered tardy and must report to the office for a tardy slip before going to class.
Pursuant to Fla. Stat. Section 232.25:
(1). Orange County Public Schools employees are not responsible for supervising students not authorized to participate in school sponsored activities.
(2). Orange County Public Schools employees are not responsible for supervising students arriving on these premises more than 30 minutes before school sponsored activities begin or students remaining on these premises more than 30 minutes after the end of school sponsored activities.
(3). Under no circumstances should parents or guardians rely upon Orange County Public Schools employees to supervise students outside the scope of this statute.
Student safety is a priority at Clarcona Elementary.
It is important that the following procedures are followed.
- No adult supervision is available for students arriving earlier than 8:15 a.m. or remaining at school later than 3:30 p.m.
- If it becomes necessary to CHECK OUT YOUR CHILD EARLY, YOU MUST DO SO BEFORE 2:30P.M. No child will be checked out between 2:30 and 3:00 p.m. (1:30 - 2:00 p.m. Wednesdays) for safety reasons.
- Teachers must know how your child will go home from school each day.
- CHANGES IN TRANSPORATION require a WRITTEN or FAXED NOTICE to the school and must be submitted to the school no later than 2:30 p.m. (1:30 p.m. on Wednesday). Telephone calls will not be accepted.
- If your child needs to be on campus prior to 8:15 a.m. or after 3:30 p.m., he/she must be enrolled in our Extended Day program.
- If an unforeseen emergency arises during the day resulting in a late pick up, please notify the office immediately so that proper arrangements can be made for the student.
- All students must ride their assigned bus. No bus changes or stop changes will be honored.
- Please discuss with your child in advance if there is to be any change in their standard dismissal plan on a rainy day. The classroom teacher will need a copy of the plan.
Parents of students remaining on campus for additional help or
disciplinary reasons will be notified.
OCPS EEO Non-Discrimination Statement
The School Board of Orange County, Florida, does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by law.