The School Advisory Council (SAC)
is a team of people representing various segments of the community - parents, teachers, students, administrators, support staff, business/industry people and other interested community members. The purpose of a SAC is to assist in the preparation and evaluation (developing and evaluating) of the results of the school improvement plan.
Each school in the State of Florida must have a SAC. By law, each SAC must be composed of the principal and an "appropriately balanced" number of "stakeholders." These individuals must be representative of the ethnic, racial and economic makeup of the community served by the school. The majority of SAC members (over 50 percent) must not be employed by the school on whose SAC they serve.
SAC meets once a month, August through May, 8 AM on third Wednesday of the month, meetings run approximately an hour. You are invited to attend and give your input. Please join us!
2008-2009 Schedule: TBA
Members of SAC
Are actively involved in developing their school's vision or mission.
· Use Florida's education goals as guiding principles for everything the council does.
· Thoroughly examine all aspects of their school when developing the school improvement plan.
· Determine and prioritize needs of the school.
· Develop strategies for improving the areas most important to their school.
· Decide how to measure the results of what they plan to do.
· Assist in the preparation and evaluation of the school improvement plan.
· Assist in preparing the school's annual budget.
· Assist in recruiting and retaining other school advisory council members.
· Decide on the expenditure of SAC funds to meet school improvement plan goals.
By Theresa McCormick, Florida Family used with permission.
SAC BOARD MEMBERS - 2008-2009
Tammy Eagle - SAC Chair
Elizabeth Horta - SAC Secretary
Dr. Chris Camacho - Principal
BY-LAWS CHANGE During the last SAC meeting (9/28/05) the by-laws were reviewed and a change was recommended. Article IV: Representation and Elections 2. Election of Members 5. The SAC chair and principal shall open and count ballots at an advertised place and time. Recommended change - 5. The SAC chair and secretary shall open and count ballots at an advertised place and time.