Principal Jose Martinez
| 6100 Oleander Drive
|| 7775 Valencia College Lane |
| Orlando, FL 32807
|| Orlando, FL 32807|
| Phone: (407) 482-6300
|| Phone: (407) 249-6369|
| Fax: (407) 737-1450
|| Fax: (407) 249-6297|
| Office Hours: 7:00am - 3:30pm
|| Office Hours: 7:00am - 3:30pm|
| School Hours: 7:27am - 2:16pm
|| School Hours: 7:17am - 2:06pm|
Attention Colonial Families and Community:
- We are so proud of our very own Johanna Lopez, Orange County Public School's 2017 Teacher of the Year. Click on the link below to watch a brief video showcasing the wonderful things that Ms. Lopez does for our students and for our community.
Ms. Johanna Lopez, 2017 Teacher of the Year
Parents, please read the letter below from our State Commissioner of Education, Pam Stewart, to our Superintendent and community.
- Colonial High School receives federal funds for Title I programs. Throughout the school year, we will be providing you with important information about this law as it relates to your child's education. Please refer to this letter explaining your right to request information regarding the professional qualifications of the classroom staff working with your child.
Right to Know Letter (English)
Right to Know Letter (Spanish)
- If you need help with a Colonial High School Digital Device, please use the link below to request help. A member of our digital team will get back to you as soon as possible.
Student Tech Requests
- Don't forget that our Saturday Learning Lab and after school tutoring in full swing. Visit our tutoring website for more information.
CHS Tutoring Website
- April is School Library and Poetry Month. Students will be entered into a drawing each time they checkout a book this month…and if they write a book review on Destiny for any of the books you’ve checked out and read, let us know, we’ll how you did…and then you might be able to select a FREE book for your efforts. Need help in how to write a book review? Think movie trailer…peek the reader’s interest, but don’t give away too much information. Need help posting? Stop by to see one of the “Library Ladies”.
Please join us in celebrating literacy by noting these special days on your calendar:
· Children's Day/ Book Day - El día de los niños/El día de los libros (Día) - April 30, 2016…students and teachers should favorite book with our media center staff at any time during the month by printing out or drawing the cover of their favorite book so that they could be posted in the library.
April is also Poetry Month.
Mrs. Murray’s English students wrote some amazing poems and many of them were entered into the Page 15 Poetry Contest. Three of them were chosen to be included in this year’s anthology. A special congratulations to Justin Ramola, Yulisa Espada, and Shamar Overby for achieving this special honor. They will each be invited to a Launch Party hosted by “Page 15”; date TBA.
Missed out on this Poetry Contest opportunity? No worries; the Orange County Library System is hosting a contest this month. Do you write poetry, raps, limericks or lyrics? If so, enter the Teen Poetry Contest! Ages 13-18 are invited to participate in this battle of the poets. Submission Deadline is Thursday, April 21, 2016. Pick up your entry form in the library, see your English teacher, or print it from the PDFs included. The Teen Open Mic Night is Thursday, April 28th at 6:30 p.m. at the Orlando Public Library. If you are interested in performing, please contact 407-835-7323. More information can be found at this link: http://www.ocls.info/Children/Teen/doit/teen_voices_do_it.asp or with any of the library ladies on either campus Media Centers.