Orange County Tech Centers together with Orange County High Schools provide students with the opportunity to enroll in technical classes while taking required academic courses at the home high school.
Students typically earn three credits per year by enrolling in a three-hour technical program at one of the tech centers. Students who have completed credits in comparable technical courses at their high schools may be given credit for those competencies, enabling them to begin their technical program at an advanced level. School bus transportation is provided from the high school to the tech center and back to the high school.
Students receive industry-level training in work-environment labs. Dual enrollment students are exempt from paying tuition, but there will be a $40-$60 supply fees charged for participation in the technical programs.
· Entering the 11th or 12th grade
· At least 16 years old by the time schools tarts
· Good attendance and discipline record
· 2.0 unweighted GPA
· On track for graduation
· Room in schedule for 3 elective credits
· Attend the informational meeting
o Date to come later
o Stop by Career Specialist’s office to tell him/her that you are interested (Media Center – room 2-103)
· Complete a Dual Enrollment application and return it to the Career Specialist
· Attend an orientation/tour (field trip) at the tech center you are applying to
· Complete a Parent/Guardian permission form with all signatures and return to the Career Specialist
For more information about Orange County Tech Centers, please visit the web site, www.ocpstechcenters.net. #forstudentsnotprofits