EXPECTATIONS & GOALS THAT ARE COMMON AMONG ALL TEACHERS WITHIN THE DEPARTMENT:
· Students are expected to be on time and come to class prepared
· Students are expected to follow the classroom rules and the lab rules
· All students are expected to turn-in their assignments on time
· Students are NOT allowed to play or run around while in the lab set-up.
· To guide students towards learning not only the content of science but also to help them develop skills to apply the concepts.
· To help students learn science through real-life connections.
· To guide students to become a better learner and help increase their scientific knowledge.
· To guide students improve their study habits and approach learning science as a scientist.
· To encourage students to take higher level science courses that will lead them toward achieving success
ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE STUDENTS & PARENTS AWARE OF CONCERNING OUR DEPARTMENT:
· Honors courses are more challenging than other courses and students should be prepared to put forth maximum effort to achieve success. These courses are weighted appropriately in the student’s GPA and there are certain prerequisites that need to be met before signing up for Honors science classes.
Laboratory safety rules are to be strictly followed and adhered to at all times. It is the responsibility of all students to make sure that they apply proper safety procedures while performing any lab activities!