Exceptional Student Education
Please contact Dr. Yolanda Carter, Staffing Specialist, for questions regarding Exceptional Student Education. She can be reached by email at Yolanda.Carter@ocps.net or at extension 5022289.
· Assure that all students with disabilities show annual improvement in academic achievement and make progress toward closing the achievement gap.
· Eliminate unnecessary referrals to special education.
· Assure that all students with disabilities are educated in settings with their non-disabled peers to the maximum extent appropriate to meet their needs.
· Eliminate the disproportionate classification and placement of minority students in special education.
· Increase access for all students with disabilities to career, technical education and post-secondary opportunities.
· Align district professional development resources to support OCPS in meeting the goals of the ESE Strategic plan.