How to Enroll

Students are registered at their school with the completed registration packet and required documents. Students in Orange County are zoned to attend a school based on their home address. Click the Find My School tool to locate your zoned school. 

The following items are required to register a child to attend Orange County Public Schools:

Verification of Legal Name

Official Birth Certificate

  • A duly attested transcript of the child’s birth record filed according to law with a public officer charged with the duty of recording births.



  • A passport or certificate of arrival in the U.S. showing the name of the child.

 NOTE: Under no circumstances shall staff request a passport, visa, or any other documentation to verify the immigration status of any student.

Verification of Age

Birth Certificate or Passport*

  • To enter kindergarten, a child must be 5 years old on or before September 1.
  • To enter first grade, a child must be 6 years old on or before September 1, and have completed kindergarten.

*Other forms of age verification are permissible under Section 1003.21, Florida Statues

Verification of Immunizations* and Physical Exam

Proof of physical examination by a U.S. doctor within a year of enrollment (first day of entry at school).

If you do not have a doctor you may find assistance on our Resource list of Medical Providers page. 

Proof of immunizations
on a Form 680, which can be obtained from your doctor's office or at:  

Orange County Health Department:
832 W. Central Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32801

Please call first (407) 723-5004 to make an appointment, no walk-ins will be accomodated.
Here is the website for appointments and pre- registration at the Orange County Health Department

QR code for Dept of Health

These forms must be completed by a Florida physician or a Florida county health department.

Upcoming Saturday Immunization Clinic Events

Here is a list of Current required immunizations.

*Students may attend school without a Florida Certificate of Immunization if they have a: 

  • Religious Exemption (Form DH 681)
  • Temporary Exemption (Form DH 680, Part B)
  • Medical Exemption (Form DH680, Part C)     

Verification of Academic History

Transcript, withdrawal form or last report card

Verification of Special Education information (if applicable)

Current IEP or 504 plan

Verification of your Residence

Enrollment takes place at the school with the school registrar.As proof of residence you will need to provide the following at a minimum:

  • Home ownership: Provide the current Homestead Exemption Card, current property tax statement, closing contract, or warranty deed along with current utility bill, ID with current address, and current mail as your proof of residence at the school.
  • Renting/leasing:  Provide the current signed lease, ID with current address, current utility bill, rent payments, current mail, and renters insurance as your proof of residence at the school.
  • Living with someone who owns or rents the home: You will need to obtain a Verification of Residence* from the Office of Student Enrollment to provide to the school.

*If you don’t have a lease or own your own home (share housing with someone else) you must obtain a Verification of Residence from Student Enrollment as your proof of residence by providing a minimum of the following documents:

  • Parent or Guardian's Florida driver's license or state ID showing the current correct address.

  • Another three (3) items in the Parent or Guardian's name showing the current address, such as: auto registration, current mail, bank statement, insurance, phone bill, or current pay stub.

  • Homeowner or Lessee's driver's license or state ID 

  • Homeowner or Lessee's homestead exemption card, property tax information, or signed lease agreement.

More documentation may be required depending on circumstances in a case-by-case situation.

Verification of Guardianship

Birth certificate

If applicable, you must provide one of the following:

  • Court Custody Documentation (this includes divorce decrees)
  • OCPS Educational GuardianshipThis documentation is provided by the Office of Student Enrollment when the parent/guardian lives outside of Orange County or adjacent counties of Brevard, Osceola, Polk, Lake, Seminole, and Volusia).

    For more information about Educational Guardianship from the Office of Student Enrollment and how to obtain the necessary documentation to register, click HERE.

Completed Registration Packet

Once you have gathered ALL of the documents above:

  • Download and complete the registration packet.

  • Contact the school to determine how to proceed with your completed registration packet and all required documentation. Click HERE to find the school’s email address.


Notice About Providing False Information

Orange County Public Schools has the right to verify any information provided by the student and/or parent(s).

A student whose parent(s) submit fraudulent information in an attempt to attend a school to which the student is not assigned shall be immediately withdrawn by the school and must be registered and enrolled in the appropriate zoned school.

Whoever knowingly makes a false statement in writing with intent to mislead a public servant in the performance of his or her official duty, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable by law (F.S. 837.06) or guilty of perjury by false written declaration, a felony of the third degree (F.S. 92.525).