Free and Reduced Meal Benefit Department.

Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)


If your child attends a school that participates in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP), he or she is eligible for breakfast and lunch at no charge. CEP provides meals at no charge for every student in these schools, so parents do not need to complete an application to qualify.

21-22 CEP Schools List.pdf

If you have any questions contact the Meal Benefits Team:
PHONE:  407-858-3110, Extension 329-3966
EMAIL:  [email protected]

CEP benefits

Even though all students are receiving meals at no charge right now due to USDA waivers, there are many reasons for families to continue to apply for free or reduced meal benefits. If the application is approved, families may qualify for discounts on Internet services, and reduced fees on After School Programs.

Click here for sample letter to advocate to extend USDA waivers through the 2022-23 school year.


     Click here to apply for free or reduced school lunch.Aplicar Aqui


Visit My School Apps by clicking the image 

Free and Reduced
Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to fill out an application for each child?

No. You can use one Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to one of your children's school.

P-EBT Parents Information

 Dear Parent, this summer the Florida Department of Children and Families may be distributing another Pandemic Electronic Benefit (P-EBT) card. While OCPS does not play a role in the decisions, it is important that your address is up to date and if you have NOT applied for free/reduced benefits, please do this by April 18th. Again, this is not definite, but you can make sure of your eligibility if the decision is made. Apply for eligibility on line at

If you have any questions, please call contact the Meal Benefits Team:
PHONE:  407-858-3110, Extension 329-3966
[email protected]


Can foster children get free meals?

Yes, foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court, are eligible for free meals. Any foster child in the household is eligible for free meals regardless of income.

Can homeless, runaway, and migrant children get free meals?

Yes, children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant qualify for free meals. If you haven't been told your children will get free meals, please call or e-mail your child's school to see if they qualify.

Who can get reduced price meals?

Your children can get low cost meals if your household income is within the reduced price limits on the Federal Eligibility Income Chart, shown on this application.

Should I fill out an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are approved for free meals?

Please carefully read the letter you got and follow the instructions. Call your child's school if you have questions.

My child's application was approved last year. Do I need to fill out another one?

Yes. Your child's application is only good for that school year and for the first few days of this school year. You must send in a new application unless the school told you that your child is eligible for the new school year.

I get WIC, can my child(ren) get free meals?

Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. Please fill out an application.

Will the information I give be checked?

Yes and we may also ask you to send written proof.

If I don't qualify now, may I apply later?

Yes, you may apply at any time during the school year. For example, children with a parent or guardian who becomes unemployed may become eligible for free or reduced price meals if the household income drops below the income limit.

What if I disagree with the school's decision about my application?

You should talk to school officials. You may also ask for a hearing to have the decision reviewed.

May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?

Yes. You or your child(ren) do not have to be U.S. citizens to qualify for free or reduced price meals.

Who should I include as members of my household?

You must include all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, or friends) who share income and expenses. You must include yourself and all children living with you. If you live with other people who are economically independent (for example, people who you do not support, who do not share income with you or your children, and who pay a pro-rated share of expenses), do not include them.

What if my income is not always the same?

List the amount that you normally receive. For example, if you normally make $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only made $900, put down that you make $1000 per month. If you normally get overtime pay, include it, but do not include it if you only work overtime sometimes. If you have lost a job or had your hours or wages reduced, use your current income.

We are in the military. Do we include our housing allowance as income?

If you get an off-base housing allowance, it must be included as income. However, if your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income.

My spouse is deployed to a combat zone. Is her combat pay counted as income?

No, if the combat pay is received in addition to her basic pay because of her deployment and it wasn't received before she was deployed, combat pay is not counted as income. Contact your child's school for more information.

My family needs more help. Are there other programs we might apply for?

To find out how to apply for other assistance benefits, contact your local assistance office.